Tuesday, January 11, 2011
What a concept! Knit something for your self. I tend to either give away as gifts or sell the items that I have made. So this year I decided I needed to make something for my self. So I have a book that has patterns that are knitted from cuff to cuff.
Really nice patterns, and variety of designs all knit from cuff to cuff. So I picked the following. I wanted to use Noro or something like it. Our local yarn store is going out of business so I thought I could get some there.
Well they did not have enough balls of Noro, so I bought the following instead. I got 7 or 8 different colorways. A couple the same that I will use to start and end with so the sleeve/cuff has the same colorway. And the neck edge and bottom will also be the same colorway.
So you knit the cuff, it has a rolled edge and some ribbing, it makes a nice edge.
Then you knit the sleeve. When I ran out of one ball I tried to find a similar color in a different ball of a different colorway. So far it has turned out nice.
Then you cast on for the front and back and knit for a while. Then knit just the front making the neck edge.
And then go back to the back and catch up with the front. That is where I am now. Working on the back. I need to knit the same number of rows that I did for the front when I knit the neckline. Using all those different color ways is really turning out nice.
I was hoping to have it done by the end of Wrestling season, cause there is not a whole lot of excitement when you kid is not wrestling during a match. I can get a lot of knitting done. But I have been knitting at home also. So I should have it done within a couple weeks.
Sunday, January 2, 2011
I got my sewing area set up and electricity to the machines on Saturday so I had to make something. I bought Layer Cake of Moda Cherish Nature a while back. I used a pattern called Ashley's Journey in the book Piece of Pie, Layer Cake Friendly Quilt Pattern. I finished cutting and sewing all the blocks on Saturday and cut the borders and sewed them together.
I added the borders today. The pattern only has two borders, I added the third. I also added an additional row of blocks, 8 instead of 7. I have it hanging from the second floor balcony, the wall is in the dinning room. So I made the quilt in two days. It is 66 by 94. A nice size.