Saturday, March 13, 2010

Signs Of spring


What a week this has been. Started out last Saturday by putting a new wreath on the front door. Forcythia are one of my favorite signs of spring. I saw one at Joann's and saw the price, Wow. So I bought a grape vine wreath and some branches of forcythia and some yellow pussy willow buds things and made one my self. It is nice to look at.

Last Sunday I had a great time with Pam and Sandy. We went to Sandy's house and did some sewing together. I brought some quilt sashing that I need to complete and some other 5" charms to sew together. Pam brought some prepared fabric for us to make a Chelsea Tote. She had everything interfaced. All we had to do was make some markings, a little cutting and sew it together. With great results.




I got my piano key sashing all sewn together. I am making a quilt using Moda Aviary Charm packs. I sewed 2 packs together to make the middle of the quilt.



I added a sashing of the blue flower in the above picture. Then started the piano key boarder. I cut the 5" charm into 1 1/2 inch pieces, I know I wasted a 1/2 inch. Then sewed them together.





Back side with everything nicely pressed open. I sewed the top an bottom sashing on and didn't think I would have enough to make the sides. I had another charm pack, I cut it up but still paniced. I called the store where I bought them and they had ONE left. So I drove up there, an hour away. In and out in less than a minute. I took the cut pieces with me to Sandy's and sewed them together. It turned out I had enough, so I can now use the extra charm pack for maybe a part of the quilt backing or make a border for a pillow case to match.




At home,I sewed the sides on and cut and sewed the last sashing. Just have to get the backing ready and some batting then find a quilter. I am excited.

Here are Sandy and Bob's sheep. Some are going to have lambs soon. I am excited to see them. Here is one of the cute rams.

I think Sandy said this one was a southdown baby doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment