Monday, March 29, 2010

Suprizing results!

Yesterday I decided to try something new. I have been looking at a book called Fabric Embellishing, the basics and Beyond. I decided to tryout one of the ideas. So I took some Batik strip scraps.

and sew 6 strips together, I made 2 different sets. As I was making the first set I was not getting the results that I saw in the book, but I said you must continue, it may turn out OK. So...

With each set I cut 2 10 x 8 pieces. Then I cut each 10 x 8 piece into 4 pieces. One set I cut on a diagnol the other I cut curvy. I swapped pieces in the set, so each new block had 2 pieces from the original and 2 pieces from the other block. Then I sewed them all together to make a block.

I trimmed the block down to 8 x 8. I would have liked it to be 8 1/2 by 8 1/2 but I cut one side short, so I made them 8x8. Then I sewed the four blocks together.

They are big enough to make into a pillow cover. I liked the results so much that I found the remaining strip scraps and made an additional 2 sets of strips. So I have another pillow cover, both are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment