Monday, March 1, 2010

Switching Gears

After the rush and pressure to get the Olympics project completed, I feel light as a feather. What do I do now? I hope to get some quilting done. Well, not actually quilting, but piecing tops and getting them ready for someone else to the the quilting. I have about 8 projects planned and 2 kits to complete.

The picture below is a very easy quilt to make. I have a couple more planned using the 5" charm. Some I have cut from FQs and one I am in the middle of making where I purchased several charm packs.


I want to use up some of my stash. But it seams that the tops that I am currently making are from new purchases. But I know that the excitment of new can spark the old. So several projects are going to be made from my stash. I am going to call myself a modern quilter. No trying to match up points and seams. Let them lie where they may. I say that easily, but I do my best and I like the saying, "If the rider of a gallopping horse can't see that the seams don't match or the points don't line up, then it's ok"

No comments:

Post a Comment