Sunday, April 25, 2010

Best of intentions

A quilt gone in another direction. I had intended to make the quilt above. I bought a batik jelly roll with nice rainbow colors. I sorted the colors in to warm and hot. Sewed them together. Cut them into strip and started to sew the strips together when I found that I sewed both of them with the slant going in the same direction. Arg !! I did not want to take out the seams. So I improvised. I cut triangles, sewed them together, cut more triangles and ended up with the following.

Not bad for a mistake. I added the plain border. It is about 38 by 58. A nice lap quilt. I have some leftover angle pieces that I cut into 2 1/2 in strips that I will use for the binding.

This will be the back. A really nice batik with great colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment