Saturday, October 30, 2010

I Had to have some creative time

I just had to do something fun today. Amid the packing and storing stuff, I needed a break. So, I produced this.


I had taken a screen printing with thermofax screens class a couple of weekends ago and bought a screen and some paint from Lynn, the instructor. Check her out here. I went to Joann's and bought some more paint a couple of days later.


I just repeated the print with different colors paint. It was great fun and a great release to do something creative. It is also on a piece of my hand dyed fabric.


I let the prints dry between colors so it didn't have to worry about messing up what I had printed. I watched a new QA workshop that I got online today on screen printing while the printing dried.


Very nice workshop. I hope to apply a lot of her techniques to my work. I really enjoyed this. I also found her on YouTube and watched a couple of videos before I bought this one. I tried a couple to things that didn't work out. So I went back to what I know that worked. Discharge. I got out a stencil of a dragonfly and my Comet and a foam roller and went to town on a piece of my hand dyed.


I will probably add something else to it later. Paint stick rubbings or rubbings with stamps or maybe some more silk screen printing. This was fun also.


1 comment:

  1. Oh I love that first fabric, it is quite beautiful. I am glad you were able to take a break. How is the house hunting going?

    ReplyDelete