Friday, February 12, 2010

Knitting Olympic Participant

I have decided to join the knitting olympics. Check out the Yarn Harlot here for more information. I plan on knitting this Andean Chullo Hat. It is a knit that I bought last year from Knit Picks. They don't have the kit anymore. It will be a challenge for me for many reasons.
  • I have to use size 3 needles
  • There are 9 colors
  • It is Fair Isle knitting
  • I have to really pay attention to the pattern
  • I have only 17 days to complete the hat
The idea of the knitting olympics is to cast on during the opening ceremony. Knit for 17 days. And Either cast off during the closing ceremony or have it completed by then. So, the opening Ceremony is tonight, the kids are at sleepovers and I should be able to get a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment