Thursday, July 29, 2010

It started out small

I had some leftover pieces of a honey bun that I had made a quilt from this spring. I had been playing around with what to do with them and ended sewing them together, cutting up and sewing triangles. And ended up with 7 block. One that I tried to quilt with and make a potholder. That was finished last night and looks like this.

The other blocks look like these.

I started to make them also into potholders, but as I added the white sashing I got a different Idea. I added some more sashing and a border and ended up with this. I added another 4" border. I have, instead of 6 pot holders, a nice crib quilt. So what started out as left over strips ended up really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment