Monday, August 30, 2010

Fabric Dying and Fabric screen printing

I am taking two classes from Quilt University. The first started on Friday. It is Freeform Screen Printing with Lyric Kinard. She wrote this book, that I am also reading. I got the remainder of  my supplies in the mail today. Yea!  Last week I got a lot of the paint I need for the screen printing class. I ordered more than I needed. I bought a lot of sampler palettes so I could have a variety of colors. Most are opaque paints, some are labeled as Inks, I am not sure about the difference yet.  I am sure that I will have a lot of fun. Today the screen and the dyes arrived.


Paints



Dyes and Screen


So I am going to spend the evening getting my screen ready to do my first printing.

The second class, Quilters Pallette, a dying class, with Marjie McWilliams. She blogs here.  It starts this Friday. I will be busy with really fun stuff. I bought some fabric at Joann's yesterday with a 50% coupon. I bought some Kona Cotton, I just need to wash and dry (scour) to make it ready for either the dye or the screening.

1 comment:

  1. Oh these classes sound like so much fun. I a so glad to see you doing them. I can't wait to see what you create now.

    Sorry I missed you with all the phone calls. I hope the birthday was a good one. Once I am back to normal I'll send something fun.

    ReplyDelete